9/8/11

Ok, that’s it. I used to LIVE to blog, and yet I’ve posted NOTHING here since May. My old blog The Ethereal Garage had a hit counter that was up in the tens of thousands, and it also had a respectable number of loyal readers. LAME. I’m going to post something on this damn thing EVERY single day whether it be an actual substantive post, a photo with a caption, a rant (I have been stifling a LOT of those as to not offend people), or whatever. Ready? GO!


Hey, look! I just took a peek through my phone and found this photo from last week. Last Sunday was a special occasion because my band and I played a great set at the 1st annual Northern Train Music Festival in Holyoke MN along with local legends Hobo Nephews of Uncle Frank (can you believe that Jessica Lange was in the audience??), and by the time my wife’s car rolled back into our driveway, I was in a pretty relaxed state of mind. It was a cool, fresh “pre-autumn” evening, and the grass in our backyard was exceptionally inviting, so I kicked back for a couple minutes. I invited my spouse to join me, but she wasn’t in the mood to make “grass angels.” This photo is of our fire pit and wood pile area on the left, some wild raspberries in the middle, and the storage shed that the previous owners used as a chicken coup. We don’t have poultry, but we call it “the chicken coup” anyway. It used to be the “atom bomb” of time out locations for our high-spirited little men. …and there you have it – daily blog post number 1. ;-)

2 comments:

  1. Jessica Lange?! I didn't know that! Of course, I would not have any idea what she looks like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica Lange was there, Deb...you were "rubbin' elbows." ;-)

    ReplyDelete